Participate in “Creative Writing: Love Letter Contest 2013” to win up to INR 12,000 and to become published writer and earn royalty on your published short stories.
“I must write you a line or two and see if that will assist in dismissing you from my Mind for ever so short a time.”
– from John Keats’ letter to Fanny Brawne
Love Letter Writing Contest
Love letter, used to express one’s special feeling of love in a romantic way, is as old as writing itself. Therefore writing love letter has very close relation with creative writing. Love letter does not just start or conclude with its writing but has extraordinarily interesting stories before and after it.
We, Team YourStoryClub.com, announce “Creative Writing: Love Letter Contest 2013”another mega short story writing competition full with love and romance. This time we may also decide to publish book/eBook of stories participating in this competition; so submit your love letters and related stories to win prizes and to become published writer and earn royalty on your published stories.
(Discussion forum is official medium of communication for this competition. Kindly AVOID “direct email” or “contact us” page to communicate for this competition as there may be significant delay in reply.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: yourstoryclub.com reserves rights to change, call off, cancel or suspend this competition without any notice.
Please read following instructions and terms very carefully before submitting your love letter and its story in this contest.
Content guidelines for Love Letter Writing Contest
1. Content must be a short story, based on love letter(s) and story around it(them).
2. Content MUST have at least one LOVE LETTER based on any ONE topic (listed below) along with OPTIONALLY prologue and epilogue:
|LLC01||Love letter to husband/wife|
|LLC02||Love letter after decades|
|LLC03||Love letter after breakup|
|LLC04||Undelivered love letter|
|LLC05||Misaddressed love letter|
3. Size of the content should be between 2,000 (TWO THOUSAND) words and 4,000 (FOUR THOUSAND) words.
4. Content must be primarily of short story genre from Love and Romance category. It may include few poetic lines or verses. However as a whole it would be evaluated as short story.
5. Language of the short story must be ENGLISH. We discourage use of non-English dialogue or word in the content. However if it is used, English translation or meaning must be immediately followed.
6. Content must not hint, describe, endorse, encourage or depict directly or indirectly rape, child abuse, brutality, suicide, violence, use of drugs, sexual explicitness, hurting any specific individual’s or group’s feeling, hate speech or any such unlawful or antisocial act.
Submission Rules for Love Letter Writing Contest
1. Short Story must be submitted for publishing (by pressing “Submit for Review” button from Add New Post) on or before SEPTEMBER 30, 2013 23:59:59 IST.
NOTE: Our editors may put back story in draft status for any clarification or correction. Such cases would NOT be considered for the competition if appropriate clarification or correction is not received by us before the deadline. Therefore, we advise to submit your story for the competition as early as possible to avoid last moment unforeseen glitches.
STORY IN DRAFT STATUS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THE COMPETITION.
2. Short Story must be ORIGINAL and must NOT be published anywhere including but not limited to personal blog, online publisher, forum, news paper, magazine or book.
3. Title of story MUST include topic code (refer content guidelines for the love letter contest). For example if your story title is ‘My First Love Letter’ on topic ‘Love letter to husband/wife’ for which code is ‘LLC01’ then you must write title as LLC01: My First Love Letter
By writing topic code in title as mentioned above and submitting the content for this contest by pressing “Submit for Review” you agree to our Terms of this love letter contest as mentioned below in addition to Terms of Service which you have already agreed while accessing member area after registering with us.
4. Content must NOT include email, phone number, address or any contact detail.
5. Once submitted, it would be difficult to change the content. Therefore short story must be proofread before submitting.
6. One may submit more than one story in each category. There is no limit on number of stories submitted by a participant.
Terms Love Letter Writing Contest
By submitting your content in this contest as specified in Submission Rules for Love Letter Writing Contest:
1. You have read and agreed to yourstoryclub.com’s Terms of Service
2. You authorize Chief Editor/Site Owner of YourStoryClub.com and any person or organization appointed by her to publish the submitted content to YourStoryClub.com website and additionally as part of any book – printed form and/or electronics form through any agent and/or publisher and/or organization as chosen by her and the appointed person or organization.
3. YourStoryClub.com would share royalty received, if any, by publishing the content as part of any book – printed form and/or electronics form, as mentioned below:
- [a] 50% of total Royalty received by yourstoryclub.com would be distributed to writers based on number of their contents (stories) published in the book. For example, if total INR 100 is received as royalty, and the book contains total ten stories, writer of each story in the book would get five rupees.
- [b] Payment of royalty as mentioned in [a] will be delivered to writer as described in Delivery of Payment section of “Write Short Stories for Money”.
- [c] No interest would be paid if royalty is banked with YourStoryClub.com (for example, if total payment is less than minimum amount to pay or writer does not provide his/her account’s detail to transfer the amount.)
4. You also authorize Chief Editor/Site Owner of YourStoryClub.com and any person or organization appointed by her to edit the content for grammar, typographical and spelling correction on sole discretion of her or the appointed person or the organization.
5. You will NOT publish the submitted content anywhere else, including but not limited to personal blog, online publisher, forum, news paper, magazine or book, other than as specified in .
6. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless yourstoryclub.com, its Chief Editor/Site Owner, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your violation of this agreement.
Prizes for Love Letter Writing Contest
Our editors will, using pre defined criteria, critically review and score all the stories participating in Love Letter Writing Contest. The highest scoring short stories would win prizes as mentioned in table below. Result will be declared on or before OCTOBER 31, 2013.
|FIRST PRIZE||INR 2,000||1|
|SECOND PRIZE||INR 1,000||5 (1 from each code)|
|THIRD PRIZE||INR 500||10 (2 from each code)|
Please read Delivery of Payment section of “Write Short Stories for Money” to know about delivery of payment for the prizes won in this competition.
NOTE: Our editors’ decision will be final and we may not provide any justification for given result.
Criteria for Selecting Winner Stories
There are two main criteria on which scoring would be done. First criterion is relation of the love letter(s) with story’s plot. Second criterion is effective use of five key elements of short stories. Please visit 10 Tips – How to Write Short Stories to know these five key elements.
Following score card would be used to score contesting short stories:
|Relevancy of Love Letter(s)||
|Content of Love Letter(s)||
|Selection and Development of Characters||
|Selection of Timeframe, Description of Place and Surrounding||
|Conflicts in Short Story||
|Grammar, Language & Dialogues||
Wish you all the best for “Creative Writing: Love Letter Contest 2013” and for becoming published writer.
Winner Stories – Love Letter Contest 2013
Congratulations to the winners. Our team will contact the writers of the winning stories to deliver the payment as mentioned in “Delivery of Payment” section of “Write Short Stories for Money”. If your story is selected for the paperback and eBook publishing, you would have received email from us. Kindly note that winning the contest does not necessarily qualify a story to be published and vice-versa.
FIRST PRIZE (1, INR 2000):
1. LLC01: Love Actually by TEJAS JANI
SECOND PRIZE (5, INR 1000):
2.1 LLC01 :Letters from the past by ADITISHARMA
2.2 LLC02: Love of a different kind by PRABHJOTVARSHA
2.3 LLC03: THE KAE SYNDROME by ANKIT RAJ BACHCHAN
2.4 LLC04: Together at Last by MEETANAIR
2.5 LLC05: One Name, Two Hearts by SHRAVYA
THIRD PRIZE (10, INR 500):
3.1 LLC01: A Bond Beyond Love by SHRAVYA
3.2 LLC01: It Was Winter Again by NITHYA JOSHMA
3.3 LLC02: THE FRIEND LEFT ALONE by ANKIT RAJ BACHCHAN
3.4 LLC02: THREE THINGS ABOUT YOU by MEGHAHARIDHYA
3.5 LLC03: The Four Letter Word by SHRAVYA
3.6 LLC03: A Letter From The Past by ARKO MUKHERJEE
3.7 LLC04: The Love Letters by LISA DOESBURG
3.8 LLC04: REVERSE SWING by KIRAN GANDHI
3.9 LLC05: Love, Letter, Lost by PRIYANKA GHOSH
3.10 LLC05: Happy Rose Day!! by ABOLI